If you can’t connect to Dlink router, you are not alone, several users have reported that they are facing the same error with their device. There are a number of reasons behind this error to occur. For instance, if an incorrect bridge connection of the local area network occurs.
Besides this, due to an incorrect IP address, you can also encounter this error with your device. It does not matter whatever be the reason for this error, all you need is to resolve this error. On that note, follow this article. Hopefully, you will be able to troubleshoot this error on your own.
Trusted Fixes for Can’t Connect to Dlink Router:
Here are some effective methods which you can use to fix this error. Hence, without wasting much time start performing the steps exactly as instructed below:
Method 1: Disable the Bridge Connection of Your Local Area Network Connection
You can disable the bridge connection of the Local area network connection, in order to resolve this error. On that note, try out these steps:
- At first, open the start menu and then navigate to the Control Panel from there.
- When you see the Control panel window appears, open the Network and Internet option which is situated from the list of options.
- After that, in the next step, tap on the Network and Sharing Center option from the list.
- Once you navigate to the new window, tap on the Change adapter settings option from the left-hand side.
- After that, you will be able to see a list of all network connections which will pop up in the system screen. From the list, locate the Bridge connection and then press a right click on it. Next, tap on the Disable option from the popup list of options.
- After performing these steps, restart your system. Once the system reboots, check if you can connect to the Dlink router.
Using this method, you will be able to disable the bridge connection in order to resolve the Dlink router connection error. In case, you can’t connect to the Dlink router, don’t panic, you can follow the next troubleshooting method.
Method 2: Check if the Internet Protocol (IP) Address is Correct or Not
In case you notice the Internet Protocol (IP) Address is incorrect, then you need to follow these steps to get rid of the error:
- In the first step, you need to navigate to the Control Panel which is situated in the Start menu.
- When you see the Control Panel window opens, select the Network Connections option. After that, tap on the Local Area Connection option.
- Post that, place a right click on the internet protocol TCP/IP and then select the Properties option from the popup list of the options.
- Next, check the option which Uses the following IP address option box.
- After that, in this section, specify the TCP/IP settings which you want to use.
IP address: 192.168.0.5
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0.
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1.
Preferred/Alternate DNS: 18.104.22.168 / 22.214.171.124.
- Once you change all the options, tap on the OK button.
- Again, click on the Ok button in order to save all the changes.
- After that, check if you are able to connect to the Dlink router or not. Hopefully, this time, you will be able to resolve this error effectively.
Method 3: Check if the Internet Settings are Correct
You can also encounter this error if the internet settings are incorrect. In that case, you need to try out these steps:
- From the Start menu, open the Control panel.
- When the Control Panel window opens, locate the Internet Options link from the list. After locating this option, tap on it.
- Next, navigate to the Security tab in the Internet options window. After that, tap on the Default level button.
- In the next step, tap on the Connections tab which is situated on the window.
- There you will be able to set the dial-up option to the Never dial a connection option.
- Next, select the LAN settings option from the options that are available here.
- After that, you need to tap on the OK button. Once you are done with the steps, you need to close all of the active windows.
- Once you are done with the steps, check if you can connect to the Dlink router or not.
In this way, you will be able to resolve this error with your device by checking the internet settings. However, after performing all of these steps, if you notice this error is still not fixed, don’t worry. Focus on the next method to fix this error.
Method 4: Check the Internet Protocol (IP) Settings and Reset the Dlink Router
You can check internet protocol settings and reset the Dlink Router to resolve this matter. Therefore, let’s focus on the steps mentioned:
- At first, tap and hold the Windows key and the R key at the same time to navigate to the Run dialogue box.
- Now, when you see the Run dialogue box opens, type cmd and then hit Enter to continue.
- After that, you will be able to see a black command prompt window will open up on your system’s screen.
- Now, in the next step, type ipconfig in the command line. Next, hit the Enter key from the system’s keyboard.
- Next, put the IP address on the network adaptor in the 192.168.0 range. Next, type “arp -d” and tap on the Enter key to continue.
- Again, if you get a message stating “The specified entry was not found”, then reset the Dlink router.
- Lastly, you need to check if you are able to connect to the Dlink router to the system or not.
Hopefully, you will be able to fix can’t connect to Dlink router issue on your own. In case, you are still not able to resolve this error, consult a professional.
Method 5: Change the Wireless Channel of the Dlink Router
If all of the previous methods fail to eradicate the error, you need to change the Wireless channel. Hence, try out these steps:
- At first, open any web browser on your system. After navigating to the web browser, enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
- After that, hit the Enter key from the system’s keyboard and, login to the Dlink router home page.
- Once you are done with the steps, tap on the Settings option which is situated on the Dlink router home page. Next, tap on the Wireless option from the list of options.
- In the further step, tap on the Advanced Settings option. Next, tap on the Wi-Fi Channel box.
- After completing the steps, choose your desired channel and tap on the Save option.
- Finally, check the status of the error. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve it.
Here is a complete guide using which, you will be able to resolve this particular error in no time. In case, you have any further queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Additionally, contact a reliable technician who can guide you for further.