It can be an annoying situation when your Dlink router starts to malfunction. A malfunctioning Dlink router can ruin all your internet needs at your workplace or home. Hence, at times, it becomes necessary to factory reset Dlink router.
Therefore, if you are in search of the methods to reset the Dlink router, then you can have a look at this article. Here, you can get all the methods to reset the Dlink router to its default settings. Hence, you can now proceed to the next section of the article.
Why Do You Need to Factory Reset Dlink Router?
Apart from the reason stated earlier, there can be other reasons to reset the Dlink router. Therefore, you can now have a look at the points that we have listed as follows:
- In case you have forgotten the password of the Dlink router then you have to reset it.
- Another case is when you have to reconfigure the Dlink router.
- If the internet connection drops then also you can try to reset the Dlink router.
So these are some of the common reasons for why you need to factory reset Dlink router. Now, to be aware of the exact process, take a look at the next section.
How to Reset Dlink Router to Factory Settings? Avail the Effective Methods
Therefore, here in this section of the article, you will get to perform the methods to reset the Dlink router easily. It is advisable that you should follow all the given steps without missing any of them. Hence, you can now proceed to the following section:
Method 1: Performing a Soft Reset Using the Dlink Admin Console
In the first method of the reset process, you have to perform a soft reset. Therefore, in order to follow the steps you can implement the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you have to connect your Dlink router to the system. Here you can connect wireless or connect via the Ethernet cable.
- Now, open any web browser on your system.
- As the web browser opens, type the default Internet Protocol (IP) address of the Dlink router. The default IP address of the Dlink router will be printed at the back of the router.
- In most of the cases, the default IP address will be 192.168.0.1.
- After entering the default IP address of the Dlink router hit the Enter key from the system’s keyboard.
- Now, enter the default username and the password to open the Dlink router home page.
- Once the Dlink router home page opens, navigate to the Maintenance section.
- After that, proceed to the system section and then click on the Restore device button.
- Now, wait for the Dlink router to reset all the settings to its factory settings.
- As this happens, you will be automatically be logged out.
- Therefore, now connect and reconfigure the Dlink router again in order to fulfill all your internet needs.
As you have performed the soft reset of the Dlink router, you can apply to hard reset the Dlink router. Therefore, if you wish to perform a hard reset then follow the next method below.
Method 2: Hard Reset the Dlink Router Using the Reset button
Here is the second method, you can follow the steps to hard reset the Dlink router:
- In the first step, turn off the Dlink router through the Power button.
- As the Dlink router turns off, unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- Now, wait for about 30 to 40 seconds and then turn the Dlink router on.
- Next, take a paper clip and then with the help of it, press the Reset button. Generally, the Reset button will be available at the back of the Dlink router.
- Now, keep pressing the Reset button until the lights start to flash. So, now you have successfully reset the Dlink router.
- In the next step, connect the router to the system and then reconfigure the Dlink router.
Now in case you want to know the process to reconfigure the Dlink router, then you can proceed to the next part of the article.
Method 3: Reconfigure the Dlink router
After resetting the Dlink router now you need to configure it. Therefore, you can now follow the steps that we have discussed as follows:
- Initially, connect the Dlink router to the system through the Ethernet cable.
- After doing that, open any web browser on your system.
- As the web browser opens, again enter the default IP address of the Dlink router.
- Now, press the Enter key from the system’s keyboard.
- Next, enter the Dlink router homepage after providing the default username and password.
- Arriving at the Dlink router home page, navigate to the Administrative section.
- Now, proceed to the configuration page. Here, set the new username and password of the Dlink router.
- After doing this, you have successfully reconfigured the Dlink router.
So this is how you can get through the process of resetting the Dlink router.
Therefore, these are the three methods that will help you to factory reset Dlink router easily. Perform the steps accurately to get the task done. In case of any confusion or trouble, you can get back to us directly