Dlink is an organization that makes a plethora of network devices like routers, modems, switches, camera, and etc. But, in this article, there will be procedures of how to set up the router device.
It is essential to know the setup process of the Dlink router in order to connect it with the internet. Also, sometimes if the router starts to malfunction due to an internal issue, then the know-how of the setup process will come handy.
Hence, follow the guide carefully.
Guidelines to Setup the Dlink Router:
In this section of the article, there will be extensive methods that will certainly provide you with guidance on the setup process of the router device from Dlink.
Procedure to Launch the Router Configuration Page
In this method, there will be an illustrative explanation of how to launch the router settings page. So, follow the steps that are provided below:
- First, connect the ‘Ethernet’ cable from the internet provider to the ‘WAN’ port of the router. Then take another ‘Ethernet’ cable and connect it with one end to the ‘LAN’ port of the router and other to the port of the computer.
- Now, start the router and the computer and see if the LED’s of the router is working or not.
- Next, on the computer, open the web browser of your preference and then, navigate to the URL bar. After that, on the bar, type the router’s IP address – “http://192.168.0.1” and then, tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- As soon as you do that, a prompt will pop up at the top section of the browser. This prompt will ask you to provide the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ to login to the router configuration page.
- The default login credentials are present at the bottom of the router device, so, take note of them and input those details on the prompt. For ‘Username’ only, the default credential is ‘Admin’, and leave the ‘Password’ field empty.
- After that, press the ‘Login’ button to get inside the router settings page. Inside that page, navigate and then, choose the ‘Setup’ tab.
- Then, go to the left panel and choose the ‘Internet’ option. Next, move to the right side of that page and locate the ‘Manual Internet Correction Option’ section under the heading ‘Internet Connection.
- Under that section, select the ‘Manual Internet Connection Setup’ button.
A Process to Select and Configure the Type of Internet Connections
Here, in this subsection, there will be a configuration process of each and every types of internet connectivity on the Dlink router. To achieve it, follow the lines underneath.
- From the last step onwards of the previous method, now you will see a ‘WAN’ page.
- Next, go to the ‘Internet Connection Type’ section and choose any one of the following types – “DHCP”, “PPPoE”, “PPTP”, “Static IP”.
- To configure the router for the Cable Internet Connection, follow the substeps:
- First, under the ‘Internet Connection Type’ section, go to the ‘My Internet Connection is:’ label and choose the ‘Dynamic IP (DHCP).
- Now, go to the next ‘Dynamic IP (DHCP) Internet Connection Type:’ section and then, at the bottom select the ‘Clone Your PC’s MAC Address’.
- If the ISP of the cable network provides any information to configure the connection like ‘Primary and Secondary DNS Server’, ‘Host Name:’. Then input that information within the correct fields.
- After that, at the bottom, click on the ‘Save Settings’ button to set the internet connection settings.
- For the router configuration via PPPoE or DSL connection, follow the substeps beneath.
- First, choose the ‘PPPoE (Username /Password)’ option from the drop-down within the ‘My Internet Connection is:’ label, under the ‘Internet Connection Type’ section.
- Next, go to the ‘PPPoE Internet Connection Type:’ section. Now, under it choose either ‘Dynamic IP’ or ‘Static IP’ radio buttons for the ‘Address Mode:’.
- If the ISP provides information for the internet connection, then select ‘Static IP’, otherwise ‘Dynamic IP’.
- When the necessary details are populated within this section according to your ISP. Then click on to the ‘Save Settings’ button.
- In order to configure the Dlink Router via PPTP Connection, go to the previous step and then follow all the substeps under it.
- To set the Router with the Static IP connection, follow the substeps underneath.
- First, from the drop-down menu choose the ‘Static IP’ option, besides the ‘My Internet Connection is:’ label, under the ‘Internet Connection Type’ section.
- Then, within the ‘Static IP Address Internet Connection Type:’ section, give all the detailed information provided by the ISP like ‘IP Address’, ‘Subnet Mask’ and etc.
- After all the information are put in the exact place, then tap on the ‘Save Settings’ button.
Restart the Dlink Router
In this sub-section, you will get steps that will provide some help on how to power cycle or restart the Dlink router. In order to do that, follow the steps that are provided beneath.
- First, locate the ‘Power’ button at the back of the router and then press it to switch off. After that, shut down your computer too.
- Then, remove the power cable of the router from the wall socket. Then, take out the ‘LAN’ cables from the back of both the router and the computer.
- Now, wait for thirty seconds or more, then connect all the cables back into their correct places.
- Next, power ‘On’ the router device and then the computer. Next, make sure, whether all the LED’s are working correctly or not.
- At last, check if you can connect to the internet or not.
Follow all the steps in the previous section of this article, in order to know how to set up the Dlink router. But, even after following all the steps in the last section, still, you are unable to resolve this issue, then do not worry.
Just, provide every detail of the query that you are encountering on the comment section present at the bottom of this page. Additionally, you can also contact us for an experts help.