In today’s internet world, D-link routers are used by millions of active users all around the world. This is because it provides high speed and quality performance to fulfill all your internet needs. Yet having great features, some users face technical issues like the D-link router not working issue.
This issue is one of the most common issues that irritate most of the D-link users. However, there are many fixing methods that you can try to resolve this issue. If you are the one who faces this kind of issue, then don’t worry.
Here, in this article, we are going to discuss all such fixing methods that you can try anywhere. Not only the solutions, but we are also going to provide you the causes that lead to this issue. Hence, continue reading this article in order to gain some knowledge on how to fix this error.
General Causes that are Responsible for the Dlink Router Not Working Issue:
Here in this section, we will help you to fix this issue by discussing some of the causes of the D-link router. It is important to know the causes of any issue as it can help you to fix the issue in the long run. Hence, you can have a look at the points that are given below:
- An outdated D-link router driver can be a reason for the issue to occur.
- Incorrect settings of the D-link router can also lead to this issue.
- If the internet connection is slow or not working, then also you can face this issue.
- In another case, if the connection between the D-link router and the system is unstable, then you might face this issue.
- Also, if the firmware of the Dlink router is not up-to-date, then this issue can persist.
- In case, the Dlink router is not properly set up or is corrupt, then also you might come across this issue.
Hence, these were some of the causes that can be responsible for the issue to occur. Therefore, if any one of these is the root cause of the issue, then you have to follow the fixing methods listed below.
Perform These Methods to Fix the D-link Router WiFi Not Working Issue:
Now proceed with the next section, in order to gain knowledge about the fixing methods to resolve the issue. Here we suggest you perform all the given steps in order to avoid any error. Hence, you can follow the best methods that we have listed down:
Method 1: Power Cycle or Restart the D-link Router
A normal restart or power cycle of the D-link router can simply fix the issue associated with it. Hence, the steps to follow are provided below:
- First of all, press and hold the Power button of the D-link router till all the lights turn off.
- After that, unplug the Power cable of the D-link router from the Power outlet.
- Now, detach the Ethernet cable from both the system and modem.
- Next, you have to wait for about 30 to 40 seconds. After that, plug in the Power cord of the D-link router to the Power source.
- Then, press and hold the Power button to turn on the D-link router. After that, plug the Ethernet cable to all the three devices.
- As the D-link router turns on, you have to connect and check if the D-link router is working or not.
After performing these steps, we hope that you have resolved the issue on your own. Even if the issue troubles you, then you can follow the next method listed below.
Method 2: Check the Network Settings
If the Network settings on your D-link router is incorrect, then it can lead to the D-link router WiFi not working issue. Hence, you have to make the necessary changes in the D-link router home page. Therefore, follow the steps that we have discussed underneath:
- At first, on your system, you have to open any of the web browsers.
- As the web browser opens, you have to enter 192.168.1.1 or the default IP address of the D-link router in the address bar.
- After entering that, hit the Enter key from the system’s keyboard.
- As the D-link router login web page opens, you have to enter the default username and password of the D-link router.
- As the D-link router home page opens, navigate to the Wireless Settings section.
- After that, go to the Wireless Security Settings section.
- Next, click on the WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryption and then enter a complex password.
- Once you have done all this, then close all the active windows.
- Now, you have to restart both the D-link router and the system.
- After that, check if you still face the D-link router not working issue or not.
However, in case the issue still occurs, then you can have a look at the next method.
Method 3: Reset the TCP/IP Stack
If can be possible that if the network connection is corrupted, then it can cause the router not working issue. Hence, you have to reset the TCP/IP stack in order to fix the issue. Therefore, the steps that you can follow are mentioned below:
- First of all, right-click on the Windows Start logo on the bottom left of the Taskbar.
- Now, from the popup list of options, click on Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Once the black Command Prompt window opens, type the following commands:
- netsh int ip reset reset.log
- netsh winsock reset catalog
- After entering each command, hit the Enter key from the system’s keyboard.
- As both the commands execute, you have to close the Command Prompt and then reboot your system.
- Once the system restarts, you have to check if the D-link router not working issue is still there or not.
So now we hope that you are able to resolve the issue easily. In case, you want to know other fixing methods, then have a look at the next part of the article below.
Method 4: Change the DNS Server
If there is a wrong DNS server set to the D-link router, then it might not function. Hence, you can follow up the steps that can help you to change the DNS server:
- In the first step, open the home page of the D-link router through any web browser on your system.
- Once you do that, navigate to the Setup section and then click on the Internet option.
- After that, choose the Manual Internet Connection Setup option.
- Now, change the Primary DNS Server value to 126.96.36.199.
- Next, change the Secondary DNS server value to 188.8.131.52.
- In the next step, click on the Save option and then close the window.
- Finally, now you have to check if the D-link router is working or not.
Hence, changing the DNS server will help you to fix the issue in an instant. Moreover, for other fixing methods, you can proceed to the following section of the article.
Method 5: Prioritize the Network Traffic with QoS
Prioritizing the network traffic with QoS can help you to fix this D-link router issue as well as speeds up the internet connection. Therefore, you can give it a try to perform the method. Hence, the steps are discussed below:
- Again, open the D-link router home page through any web browser.
- After doing this, proceed to the Advanced section and then select the QoS Engine option on the left side of the web page.
- Now, here you have to enable the QoS.
- After that, set the Uplink and Download speed.
- Now, select the Strict Priority Queue option.
- In the next step, set the rule. Here you can give any name to the rule and then set the Queue ID to the 1 – Highest option.
- Next, you have to set the Protocol option to ALL and then set the Local IP Range.
- Now, after doing all these, you have to save the changes and then close all the active windows.
- At last, you can now check if you are still getting to see the D-link router not working issue or not.
Hopefully, now we expect that you are able to resolve the D-link router problem on your own.
Here, we have discussed all the fixing methods that can help you to fix the D-link router not working issue easily. Hence, you can completely rely on the steps described above to fix your issue. Moreover, these methods are tried and tested by many D-link router users for getting the best resolving results.
However, in case you face any issue while carrying out the steps, then get back to the experts. In addition to this, you can avail the comments section below this article to get back to us.